Hub News – keeping you a part of the Hub Stourbridge story
- Margy and Odilia went up to Sheffield to attend the Award Ceremony for having been granted a Level 1 funding award which we gained in December from UnLtd . We met many interesting people from all sorts of projects and social enterprises, and received encouragement from a very enthusiastic Unltd team.
- Caroline Webb from Dudley CVS ran a workshop with us all on Governance, Roles and Responsibilities. We learnt a lot about structure and management for company governance and can now start to put it into practice.
- We had a visit from Irene Walker who is the Chief Officer for Community Action Wyre Forest and is the chairman of a community regeneration network in the Stourbridge area. She has a vast amount of experience and knowledge in the field of small businesses and social enterprise and was very enthusiastic and encouraging. She has passed on the benefit of her experience with lots of useful information and contacts.
- Paul Randon who is well versed in the field of finance has been looking over our financial model and has pointed us in the right direction on a few issues.
- Mark and Odilia had a very informative meeting with Andy Beaton at ISE to get advice on exactly which version of the ‘community interest company’ model would suit us best. It was decided that the most appropriate model for the Hub Stourbridge is a CIC limited by shares.
- And last but by no means least, we would like to share with you the exciting news that Odilia is expecting her first baby in September (the bump is growing visibly every day) we are all thrilled and are dusting off our knitting needles!